The Organization of Women in International Trade (OWIT) NIGERIA was voted in as a member of the Global Body of the Organization of Women in International Trade (OWIT) International on October 26, 2018. OWIT International was established in 1989 in Washington DC, USA as a non-profit, professional organization that supports the advancement of women in international trade and business by providing networking and educational opportunities. OWIT Nigeria is strategically positioned in Africa to build enabled communities by empowering women business owners to succeed in local and global markets. Therefore, our core vision is to expand enabling export and business environment where women entrepreneurs enjoy improved and sustained livelihood.
We focus on adding value to our Corporate, Mid-sized, Small and Micro businesses in Nigeria and across the Globe. Our interventions are driven with Transparency, Accountability, Honesty, Fairness, and Quality Assurance. Consequently, our value-assuring approaches encompass supporting all stakeholders (especially women, young women and girls) including those at rural areas, with cognizance that the production sector (of goods and services) is a core part of the supply value chain that sustains most businesses in international markets.
The objectives of OWIT Nigeria are to:
- To foster unity and peaceful co-existence among women engaging in international trade.
- To support and provide a formidable platform and create effective awareness of benefits derive by women in International trade engagement in Nigeria.
- To provide workshops, seminars, and other programmes lawfully, to enhancing prudent participation of women in International trade engagement in Nigeria and beyond.
- To assist members to achieve their dreams successfully without external force or interference by providing active platform for individual communications and corporations.
- To support the advancement of women in international trade and business.
- To facilitate relationship building amongst women through networking.
- To provide educational and professional development programs, and partner with other groups that shares the mission of the economic empowerment of women.
- To serve as a vehicle for Women in International Trade so as to enable them be at the forefront of Trade Technological Development (TTD) and build partnership /alliances with Peer Organizations.
- To aid and provide welfare for the members participating in International Trade in Nigeria and collaborate with other Registered Organizations with similar objectives in carrying out aforementioned goal.