When you want to export from Nigeria you are obliged to register at NEPC. You can only register as an exporter via the e-registration platform. This page present all the information you need to know for registering at NEPC.
Besides the fact that you need an exporters certificate for exports, registering at NEPC gives you a lot of additional advantages:
- you have the availability to trade promotion support services from NEPC
- you are able to request NEPC administered (pre- and post-)export incentives
- you can register for numerous trainings, clinics, seminars, and more
- you can collaborate and exchange ideas through a network of exporters
Guidelines & procedures
Before you can proceed and register as an exporter you have to take some preparations. There are documents required for completing the full registration process. The required documents depend on your type of company:
Documents for Limited Liability Company
- Certificate of Incorporation (issued by the Corporate Affairs Commission)
- Certified True Copy of Memorandum and Articles of Association
- Current Certified True Copy of From CAC 1.1 – “section C” (Particulars of Directors). This is formerly known as: Form C07 or Form CAC 7.
Documents for Co-operative Society
- Certificate of Registration (issued by State Ministry of Commerce, Local Governments and Federal Capital Territory Area Councils)
- Bye Laws of the Society
Documents for Government and non-Government Organization
- Certificate of Registration (issued by the Corporate Affairs Commission)
- Constitution of the Government Organization and non-Governmental Organization
- Memorandum for Guidance of Applicant
When you have all the documents at hand you can start the registration procedure on the e-registration portal (link at bottom of page). Register at the portal, log in and start the e-registration for exporters. Include all requested documents in your registration.
Fees & charges
Obtaining an exporters certificate involves some costs. Different charges apply for different situations:
- New certificate registration – N13,500
- Expired certificate renewal – N7,500
- Late certificate renewal – N12,500
- Lost / mutilated certificate – N12,500
After you filled out all the requested information you have to pay for your registration. There are several payment methods available, including:
- Nigerian local cards
- International credit / debit cards
- Internet banking
- Commercial bank branch in Nigeria
After you have paid for your registration, you should always confirm the payment:
- Copy the Order ID from your certificate (see Transactions Log)
- Input it in the field besides Get Status
- Click on Get Status to confirm your payment
- You will receive a notification of the status of your payment
The council aims to issue certificates as soon as possible. Normally within 1 working day after payment is confirmed by the system. Please note that issuance of your certificate could be delayed by payment delays, issues with documents or insufficient information supply.
Alternative options for registration
It is only possible to register online for an exporter certificate. Having any reservations? Please contact us directly via the online chat. Alternatively you can also visit the NEPC export assistance office closest to you. We are happy to assist!