To export from Nigeria, you are required to register with NEPC. This can ONLY be done using the e-registration platform. This page contains relevant information preparatory to obtaining an Exporter’s Certificate.
In addition to obtaining an exporters certificate , you can also access the following trade support services:
- export incentives
- Export capacity building programmes (trainings, seminars, workshops etc)
- Networking exporters for collaboration and exchange ideas.
- Trade linkages (B2B, B2C)
Guidelines & procedures
The documents required for registration depends on the business entity:
Documents for Limited Liability Company
- Certificate of Incorporation (issued by the Corporate Affairs Commission)
- Certified True Copy of Memorandum and Articles of Association
- Current Certified True Copy of From CAC 1.1 – “section C” (Particulars of Directors). This is formerly known as: Form C07 or Form CAC 7.
Documents for Co-operative Society
- Certificate of Registration (issued by State Ministry of Commerce, Local Governments and Federal Capital Territory Area Councils)
- Bye Laws of the Society
Documents for Government and non-Government Organization
- Certificate of Registration (issued by the Corporate Affairs Commission)
- Constitution of the Government Organization and non-Governmental Organization
- Memorandum for Guidance of Applicant
Fees & charges
Obtaining an exporters certificate involves some costs excluding remita / bank charges
- New certificate registration – N13,500
- Expired certificate renewal – N7,500
- Late certificate renewal (after Three months of expiry) – N12,500
- Lost / mutilated certificate – N12,500
There are several payment methods available, including:
- Credit/ debit cards
- International credit / debit cards
- Internet banking
- Commercial banks in Nigeria
Payment confirmation MUST be made by following these steps::
- Copy the Order ID from your certificate (see Transactions Log)
- Input it in the field besides “Get Status”
- Click on “Get Status” to confirm your payment
- You will receive a notification of the status of your payment
NEPC issued certificates are valid for an initial two years (24 months ), after which it becomes renewable every year.
Physical collection of certificates have been discontinued. Exporters no longer need to visit any of our offices to pick up their certificates. Please follow the instructions below to obtain a print out of your certificate.
Step 1: Log into your account by visiting https://nepc.gov.ng/ereg/exporter and click on “Registration Details”
STEP 2: Click on the action button and select “download and print certificate” from the dropdown options
Export certificates will be issued within one working day after confirmation of payment. Please note that your certificate could be delayed by non confirmation of payment , irregular documentation or insufficient information.
Further registration Assistance
Please contact us directly via the online chat. Alternatively you can visit the NEPC export assistance office closest to you. We are happy to assist!