To export from Nigeria you are required to register with NEPC. You can only register as an exporter using the e-registration platform. This page contains all the information you need to obtain an Exporter’s Certificate.
In addition to obtaining an exporters certificate , registering with NEPC provides you with access to:
- Trade promotion support services
- NEPC administered (pre- and post-)export incentives
- Numerous trainings, clinics, seminars, and more
- Network of exporters to collaborate and exchange ideas.
Guidelines & procedures
There are documents required for completing the registration process. The documents depend on your type of company:
Documents for Limited Liability Company
- Certificate of Incorporation (issued by the Corporate Affairs Commission)
- Certified True Copy of Memorandum and Articles of Association
- Current Certified True Copy of From CAC 1.1 – “section C” (Particulars of Directors). This is formerly known as: Form C07 or Form CAC 7.
Documents for Co-operative Society
- Certificate of Registration (issued by State Ministry of Commerce, Local Governments and Federal Capital Territory Area Councils)
- Bye Laws of the Society
Documents for Government and non-Government Organization
- Certificate of Registration (issued by the Corporate Affairs Commission)
- Constitution of the Government Organization and non-Governmental Organization
- Memorandum for Guidance of Applicant
Fees & charges
Obtaining an exporters certificate involves some costs excluding remita / bank charges
- New certificate registration – N13,500
- Expired certificate renewal – N7,500
- Late certificate renewal (after Three months of expiry) – N12,500
- Lost / mutilated certificate – N12,500
Note: The E-registration platform was launched on the 3rd of April, 2017 and only companies registered after this date will be eligible for renewals. All companies registered before this date with expired certificates will need to migrate to the new platform by registering afresh for a new certificate.
After you filled out all the requested information you have to pay for your registration. There are several payment methods available, including:
- Nigerian local cards
- International credit / debit cards
- Internet banking
- Commercial bank branch in Nigeria
After you have paid for your registration, you should always confirm the payment:
- Copy the Order ID from your certificate (see Transactions Log)
- Input it in the field besides Get Status
- Click on Get Status to confirm your payment
- You will receive a notification of the status of your payment
The Council aims to issue certificates within one working day after payment is confirmed by the system. Please note that issuance of your certificate could be delayed by late payment confirmation, issues with documents or insufficient information supply.
Further registration Assistance
Please contact us directly via the online chat. Alternatively you can also visit the NEPC export assistance office closest to you. We are happy to assist!