Export Development Fund
The Export Development Fund aims to prepare, facilitate and support exporters to penetrate global markets. The incentive is available for potential exporters and exporters whom just started. It aims to provide support on product development for market access in international markets. This is done via:
- providing export promotion training via training courses / seminars / symposia
- supporting exposure via trade fair participation / trade missions / etc.
- financially supporting collection of trade information
- providing logistics support
Guidelines & procedures
If you want to benefit from the EDF you must meet certain criteria and have the required documents available. Most important criteria for you as (potential) exporter include:
- Registration at NEPC
- Registered operations of company in Nigeria and at least 80% Nigerian equity
- Products or services offered must be of Nigerian origin
How to apply?
If you meet the criteria above, you might be a suitable candidate for the EDF. To apply and request for the fund you should fill in the EDF Application Form. In addition to this form you should include a detailed project work plan document. Besides, sending some additional documents is required:
- Certificate of Incorporation
- NEPC exporters’ certification
- Tax clearance certificate (if applicable)
- Audited Financial Statements (for 1 year; if applicable)
- Current Management Account & Projected Financial Statements (for new companies)
All documents can be send or delivered to your closest NEPC office. Check out where the closest office is located and find contact and address details as well on our local offices page.
Application closes a month after advert placement
Fees & charges
Application for the EDF is free of any charges.
Might you have any questions with respect to the EDF, or need additional support with your application, please contact us. We will be happy to assist you! You can directly contact us via the live chat (available during working hours) or use our contact form.