Export Development Fund
Export Development Fund (EDF) Scheme was set up by the Federal Government of Nigeria under the Export (Incentives and Miscellaneous provisions) Act CAP E19 Laws of the Federation, 2004 with the objective of providing financial assistance to exporting companies to cover part of their initial expenses with respect to export promotion activities.
The Development Fund shall be used to provide financial assistance to private sector exporting companies to cover their initial expenses in respect of export promotion activities, that is-
- Participation in Training Courses, Symposia, Seminars and Workshops. All local and overseas courses, study tours, including symposia, seminars, workshops, conferences, etc. in all aspect of export promotion organized by NEPC and other accredited Organizations in support of export promotion activities of government as well as exporting Companies will be supported from the Fund.
- Advertising and publicity campaigns in Foreign Markets including Press, Radio/Television, Catalogues, Brochures, etc. Grants may be made to exporting firms in the context of the total marketing plans towards the cost of new advertising/promotional campaigns in overseas market, brand promotion, joint export market group promotion, point-of-sale materials and in-store demonstration, subject to verification and approval of the Council.
- Provide support for MSMEs exporting companies to undertake conformity assessment in the areas of Packaging, labeling, Standardization, Accreditation, Testing, Metrology, (traceability and calibration) Quality Certification, including ISO Management Systems (QMS ISO 9001, EMS ISO 14001 FSMS ISO 2200, OHSAS 18001 etc.), Fair Trade, Halal, Kosher, FDA and other relevant certifications etc.
- To support MSME in the areas of pre-shipment quarantine issues such as standard and regulation, good Agricultural Practice, including post-harvest handling and Sanitary and Phytosanitary (SPS) issues.
- Cost of collecting trade information, in the areas of subscription to journals and magazines e-commerce web platforms. Market survey and product sourcing and research.
- The Grant is applicable to exporting firms toward the cost of undertaking market research studies in foreign markets and other studies related to export promotion, subject to verification and approval of the Council.
- The Grant is applicable to exporters towards the cost of engaging experts for product adaptation and designing. (Size, weight, composition, packaging, labeling) of the products depending on the demand of the export market.
- The Fund shall be used to provide mentorship to MSME exporters to improve their competitiveness and skill in export business.
- The Grant is applicable to exporting companies towards the cost of undertaking approved trade fairs or exhibition, contact promotion programmes, buyer-seller-meet, and investment fora as well as undertaking study tours to efficient producing countries etc.
- The Fund shall provide seed capital to joint export groups and mutual guarantees associations cooperative societies that have undergone the required training and mentorship as approved by the Council.
- The Fund shall be administered for the establishment and development of Export-Oriented Industries
For any company to benefit from the Scheme, the following conditions must be fulfilled:
- An intended beneficiary must be registered with the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC).
- An intended beneficiary must be a registered exporter with the Nigerian Export Promotion Council (NEPC).
- The Export Development Fund shall be applicable to products or services of Nigerian origin.
- Tax Clearance Certificate
- All applications for EDF assistance, in respect of all qualified activities must be made in the prescribed application forms and must be accompanied with a detailed work plan of the project and a project document.
- Application must reach the EDF Secretariat in good time before the commencement of the project.
- A draft of the proposed export activity must be submitted to the Secretariat in advance for approval by the Committee.
- The Secretariat shall communicate to the company the amount of assistance that has been approved.
- The company shall submit a detailed report of the activities undertaken, which should contain, amongst others, evidence of expenditure related to the export activities for which approval has been granted.
How to apply?
If you meet the criteria above Apply Here.
Application closes a month after advert placement
Fees & charges
Application for the EDF is free of any charges.
For further inquiries on the EDF, please use our contact form or via the live chat (available during working hours).