ECOWAS Trade Liberalization Scheme (ETLS)
Being a member of ECOWAS, all Nigerian exporters can benefit from the regional Trade agreements . The ETLS guarantees free movement of goods and persons between member countries.
For all products covered under the ETLS it means that you are granted with concessions like:
- No quantitative restrictions
- Total exemption from import duties and taxes
- Non-payment of compensation for loss of revenue for items (i) and (ii) as a result of their importation
To qualify for admission into the ETLS such products must originate from the ECOWAS region. The following are the three criteria for admission of products into the scheme.
- At least 60% local content of products
- At least 30% value addition for products
- Change of tariff headings (reflected in HS-code)
To get approval for the ETLS, you must fill an application form. Below are the required documents .
- Certificate of Incorporation
- NAFDAC / SON product registration certificate
- NEPC Exporters’ certificate
- Evidence of registration with MAN
- Evidence of registration with NACCIMA
Your application letter with the completed application form and attached documents should be submitted to:
The Honourable Minister
Ministry of Foreign Affairs,
Tafawa Balewa House,
Central Business Area, Abuja.
The full application will be presented to the National Approvals Committee. When the application is approved, you will be notified by the Ministry and get the corresponding certificate.