Export Expansion Grant
The Export Expansion Grant (EEG) aims to support active exporters expanding their international business. This could be via more exports of existing products in current and new markets. It is a post-shipment incentive designed to expand export volumes and improve global competitiveness of Nigerian products. This is done via:
- providing cost of production support to increase export volumes
- creating job opportunities
- value addition to products
Guidelines & procedures
If you want to benefit from EEG you should comply with certain criteria. You should at least:
- be registered at CAC & NEPC
- export Nigeria originated products / services
- have carried out formal exports with repatriation of proceeds into Nigerian bank account (CBN confirmation needed)
Nigerian exporters can get a maximum 15% of their annual export value which can be used for the following:
- to pay all taxes (except paye)
- to offset government loans
- to buy government bonds
- can be transfer at one instance
You need to do the following to be accredited:
- Registration fees – N100, 000.00
- Completed Accreditation form – Download EEG Accreditation Form
- ID card – Download ID card front / ID card back
- Copy of Certificate of Incorporation
- Two passport photographs
- Copy of Exporter’s Registration Certificate
- Evidence of payment.
How to apply?
First process is to submit baseline data. Download forms here EEG baseline data form
Additional information required for baseline data
To ensure that the information provided in the baseline data forms conform with what is contained in the Audited Financial Statement, you are required to provide the following additional information:
- Analysis of Turnover into Local and Export Sales.
- Analysis/Schedule of Total Export Sales (N) showing the conversion rates used.
- Details of Addition to Fixed Assets during the Year.
- Breakdown /Analysis of Cost of Sales into local and Foreign Input (Raw materials and packaging).
After the rates have been determined, you would be duly notified. You can apply for the grant by sending an application with supporting documents to:
The Executive Director/CEO
Nigerian Export Promotion Council
Plot 424 Aguiyi Ironsi Street
Supporting Documents for EEG application
The documents required for EEG which are completed in duplicate, includes the following documents:
- Forms NXP duly certified by processing bank; Nigeria Customs Service and the Pre-shipment Inspection Age
- Bill of Lading
- Final Commercial Invoice
- Single Goods Declaration (SGD) Forms, duly endorsed by Nigerian Customs Service, both at front and back
- Evidence of full repatriation of export proceed (CBN confirmation of repatriation of proceeds by exporter) Include Schedule of Confirmation of Repatriation of Export Proceeds
- Clean Certificate of Inspection (CCI) to include quality certification
- NEPC – CBN Schedule download NEPC – CBN Schedule sample
- Export Shedule download Export Schedule – Sample
Usually 90 days after application
Fees & charges
In order to obtain your EEG accreditation you will be charged with 100,000 Nigerian Naira.
Might you have any questions with respect to the EEG, or need additional support with your application, please contact us. We will be happy to assist you! You can directly contact us via the live chat (available during working hours) or use our contact form.