WACOMP ICT SMEs and tech startups in the ECOWAS region – Call for applications
May 1, 2021
This call for applications is addressed to SMEs and tech startups in the ICT sector.
The West African Competitiveness Programme (WACOMP), funded by the European Union, aims
to strengthen the competitiveness of the West Africa region and enhance integration of ECOWAS
and UEMOA Member States into the regional and international trading system.
Alongside the ECOWAS and UEMOA Commissions, the International Trade Centre (ITC) and the
United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO) are the implementing agencies of
the regional component of the WACOMP programme.
The WACOMP seeks to increase regional integration amongst the 15 ECOWAS countries as well
as Mauritania by capitalizing on growth opportunities and strengthen product competitiveness in
selected value chains:
– Textile and garments
– Mango and cassava
– Information and Communication Technology (IT or tech sector).
BENEFITS FOR YOUR COMPANY
By applying to this call, you will have access to:
1. Diagnostic of your company’s export potential by an expert
2. Online/offline training on export promotion and the development of a resilient business plan
for your company
3. Online/offline training on the preparation and follow-up to B2B meetings & trade fairs (inclusive
of training certificates)
4. Visibility for your company across the ECOWAS market and abroad
5. Support to attend the WEST AFRICA CONNECT 2021 & 2022.
The first regional B2B event will tentatively take place in November 2021 and will focus on the textile/garment and ICT sectors. The second one will take place in 2022 and will focus on the mango/cassava and ICT sectors. Due to the COVID-19 restrictions, the modalities of the events (virtual, physical or hybrid) will be determined in the next coming months.
Your company must be:
1. Headquartered and registered in one of the ECOWAS/UEMOA countries or Mauritania
2. An Information Technology (IT) Company specialized in Enterprise Software, Mobile
Applications, IT training services or an IT Enabled Services (ITES)/Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) Company, or a digital technology startup with a focus on agritech, or textile & garments
3. Equipped with a website or online webpage
Export ready companies that have already experience in working with clients outside their
own country, are warmly encouraged to participate. Applications from youth owned/led and
women owned/led companies are also highly encouraged.
Companies/start-ups that provide incorrect information in the call for applications might be
excluded from the selection process.
The submitted information will be assessed by the WACOMP team and experts. The deadline for applications is Tuesday 4 May at midnight.
If you have questions or want to report problems with the form, please contact Martin Labbé at
email@example.com or Haifa Ben Salem at firstname.lastname@example.org
Your WACOMP Team