WACOMP Textile and Garments SMEs – Call for applications
The West African Competitiveness Programme (WACOMP), funded by the European Union, aims to strengthen the competitiveness of the West Africa region and enhance integration of ECOWAS and UEMOA Member States into the regional and international trading system.
Alongside the ECOWAS and UEMOA Commissions, the International Trade Centre (ITC) and the United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO) are the implementing agencies of the regional component of the WACOMP programme.
The WACOMP seeks to increase regional integration amongst the 15 ECOWAS countries as well as Mauritania by capitalizing on growth opportunities and strengthen product competitiveness in selected value chains:
– Textile and garment (including also Fashion, Interior Design and Life Style Accessories)
– Mango and cassava
– The Information and Communication Technology (IT or tech sector).
BENEFITS FOR YOUR COMPANY
By applying to this call, you will have access to:
1. Diagnostic of your export potential
2. Online and offline training on export promotion and the development of business plans
3. Online and offline tailored training on the preparation and follow-up to B2B meetings & trade fairs (inclusive of training certificates)
4. Visibility for your company across the ECOWAS market and abroad
5. Support to attend the WEST AFRICA CONNECT 2021: a regional B2B event that will tentatively take place in November 2021 and will focus on textile/garment and ICT sectors. Due to the COVID-19 restrictions, the modalities of the events (virtual, physical or hybrid) will be determined in the next coming months.
Your company must be:
1. Headquartered and registered in one of the ECOWAS/UEMOA countries or Mauritania
2. A manufacturer, handcrafts, fashion and creative industry, clothing creators, designers & stylists, communication agency; training services, culture & events, trader, exporter and logistic services provider , agent or branding within the garment and textiles sector, with a focus on Fashion, Interior Design, Life Style Accessories.
Export ready companies that have already experience in working with clients outside their own country, are warmly encouraged to participate. Applications from youth owned/led and women owned/led companies are also highly encouraged.
Companies/start-ups that provide incorrect information in the call for applications might be excluded from the selection process.
The submitted information will be assessed by the WACOMP team and experts.
The deadline for applications is Tuesday 04 May 2021 at midnight.