NEPC trains and equips 92 companies with exports skills
July 11, 2020
The NEPC organised an “Export Clinic”; a training programme for newly registered exporters with the Council. The Clinic which had the theme “Understanding Export Business in Nigeria” was held at the NEPC Headquarters, Maitama Abuja. The Executive Director/CEO Mr. Segun Awolowo, ably represented by the Director, Export Development and Incentives Department Mr. Abdullahi Sidi –Aliyu, welcomed the participants to the event . He stated that the effect of Covid-19 pandemic which distorted global businesses and economies including a drastic reduction in oil revenues for Nigeria has necessitated the urgent need for increased non-oil exports. The ED/CEO then urged participants to make good use of the opportunity offered by the Council and get better understanding of the issues and challenges that could hinder their export business
The programme was aimed at;
- Inducting newly registered exporters into export trade.
- Increasing the number of MSME exporters.
- Sensitizing prospective exporters on the activities of the Council and how to embark into export business
- Increasing the nation’s foreign exchange earnings from non-oil exports among others.
The training took place in full compliance to the existing health protocols issued by the Presidential Task Force (PTF) on Covid -19 which allow maximum of 25 participants at each batch and observance of physical distancing.
Presentations were made by seasoned practitioners in the non-oil export sub- sector and financial services sectors of the economy covering the following topics:
- Overview of the Export Process.
- Financing Opportunities and procedures in non-oil export trade among others.
The four day programme had Ninety –Seven (97) exporters in attendance. They were trained and equipped with the necessary export skills sufficient to venture into the international terrain.